Careless Driving vs. Reckless Driving
Miami Careless Driving Defense Lawyer
Experienced Defense Attorneys
In Florida, what most people think of as reckless driving is divided into three separate offenses with differing levels of severity:
- Reckless driving, or driving with a willful and wanton disregard for the safety of others and their property
- Aggressive careless driving, or committing two or more acts of careless driving simultaneously (e.g., speeding while passing improperly or running a red light)
- Careless driving or failing to drive in a careful and prudent manner under the circumstances to the extent that it puts others at risk.
Defense attorney Russell D. Bernstein can help you fight reckless driving and careless driving traffic tickets or other criminal charges. An effective defense may entail seeking to reduce the charges to a lesser offense or challenging the police officer's account of the events. To learn more about Florida statutes and your options for fighting a careless driving citation or reckless driving charge, please contact us today.
Call the Legal Helpline at 800-410-5174 for a Free Consultation
Se Habla Español · Staff Available 24/7 · Credit Cards Accepted
At the Law Offices of Russell D. Bernstein, P.A., The Legal Helpline—A Private Law Firm in Coral Springs, Weston and North Miami, our goal is to help you keep your driver's license by avoiding the accumulation of points on your driving record.
We also work hard to help you avoid the expense and inconvenience of traffic school and court appearances. Experienced defense lawyer Russell Bernstein handles each case personally, using extensive experience and proven skill to provide you with the best chance under the circumstances of minimizing the consequences of a reckless or careless driving traffic citation or criminal charge.
The Cost of Pleading Guilty or Conviction
Paying a ticket for careless driving is tantamount to admitting guilt. Unless you fight for your rights in a reckless or careless driving case, you may be facing serious consequences.
Possible consequences of a careless driving conviction include:
- Loss of license
- Increase in insurance rates
- License suspension
You may also be facing loss of your license, a criminal conviction and possible jail time if you have been charged with reckless driving or any of the following offenses:
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Fleeing police pursuit
- Driving with a suspended license
- Driving as a habitual traffic offender
Our firm has served the needs of drivers in South Florida and across the state since 1997. For sound legal advice and experienced defense representation regarding a reckless or careless driving charge, please contact our offices today.
- Experienced Lawyers · Free Consultation 800-410-5174